>Image via CrunchBase As a Technology Staff Developer (TSD), placing a YouTube video into a PowerPoint presentation is easily one of the most requested "how-to"s I hear from fellow teachers. And unfortunately for Windows users, it's not a straightforward process, by any stretch. But I will show you THREE proven methods that I have used again and again. Since our school has switched to Microsoft Office 2007, these techniques apply only to that version of PowerPoint.
- Download your video using a website called Mediaconverter. Just paste the video's url (eg., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMJuy0JIyVA) into the "conversion wizard" where it says, "Convert a video or music by url"
- Choose the file type to convert to: WMV
- Click through the next steps without changing any settings
- Once that's done, click "DOWNLOAD NOW" and make sure you remember where you saved the file.
- Open PowerPoint. Click the INSERT tab, then the MOVIE button, and choose your downloaded video. That's about it!