Dan Lawler and I participated in a presentation/panel discussion called, "Inclusive Schools and Education Equity" in which the following questions were posed:
- What does it mean to be a welcoming school district within the constraints of segregated housing patterns?
- What can suburban residents do to effect change in a metropolitan system that sanctions separate and unequal educational opportunities?
- Does diversity in schools create a net gain for all?
- Dan Lawler and Spiro Bolos, New Trier's Metropolitan Community Project
- Steve Bogira, The Chicago Reader
- Kourtney Cockrell, Student Enrichment Services at Northwestern University